HelloFresh recipe #26.3 Steak with smashed potatoes and broccoli
July 9, 2012 § Leave a comment
Ingredients for 2 people
400g potatoes, chopped in quarters
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbs olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 tbs chilli flake
1 tbs tarragon, finely chopped
½ tbs vinegar
2 rump steak
Broccoli, to serve
1. In a large sauce pan brings some water to the boil. Put in the potatoes and garlic and add a pinch of salt. Cook for 15 minutes or so until soft.
2. Meanwhile in a small pan heat the olive oil and cook the shallots gently for 5 minutes and set aside.
3. When potatoes are ready, drain them and discard the garlic. Place in a bowl and combine them with the olive oil and shallots mixture, the chilli flakes, tarragon and the vinegar. Crush the mixture with a fork until the potatoes are broken up but not fully mashed.
4. For the steak heat a griddle on high heat. When hot place your steak on it and cook to your liking.
5. Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 4 minutes and serve with the mashed potato and the steak.
Happy cooking with HelloFresh!